Pagina's

woensdag 26 juni 2013

Dit is echt vet: Jamie Diamond







The History of the Harmonie Family Portrait, 2008, 03'01 from Jamie Diamond on Vimeo.

What appear at first glance to be conventional portraits of families smiling for the camera are in fact strangers, to me and each other, found in public or via Craigslist. I ask my subjects to meet me in rented hotel rooms at a specific time and pose them carefully as a family. I am interested in the shifting paradigm of the traditional family structure and in the paradox of the familiar. The portraits are of actual people being themselves in an entirely new context; they intuitively follow the rules of the genre and the group they form for the camera ascribes them an identity.
bron: http://www.jamiegdiamond.com







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten